Making an appointment
In order to make an appointment to apply for a visa participants should contact Polish consulates by writing an e-mail. E-mail addresses are to be found at the websites of the respective consular offices, e.g.:
Submitting visa application
Visa applications should be filed personally (it is need to collect finger prints). Participants should present the following documents:
1) A visa application form (printed and signed).
Participants should ask the respective consul to provide them with information in what way can they obtain and fill in visa application form.
2) A 3.5 x 4.5 cm colour photo.
The photo must be:
• sharp, taken against white background and printed on a quality paper,
• newer than 6 months,
• taken en face, clearly showing the eyes and face from both sides from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders with the face covering 70-80% of the photo. The photo must be taken without any headwear.
3) Passport issued within last ten years, valid for at least three months from the expected return date, with at least two blank pages for visas.
4) A document confirming residence within the consular district of the foreigner’s application.
5) Invitation issued by International Chess Federation.
6) Flight reservation.
7) Healthcare insurance valid throughout the territory of the Member States and covering the entire period of the person’s intended stay for the amount not lower than EUR 30,000.
8) Proof of possessing enough means of subsistence in the form decided by the consul – regards persons for whom the Polish Chess Federation does not cover the expenses connected with the participation in the event.